– Registration, course documents and ice breaking activity
– Course overview and course objectives
– Introduction to diversity
– Identity, layers and composition of identity, rigidity and flexibility of identity
– Culture, layers of culture, surface and profound culture
– How to approach (cultural) diversity in society and education
– A possible framework: Index for Inclusive Schools
– Profile of inclusive teachers
– Gender as integral part of diversity
– First approach on gender policy at school
– Visit to the LGBTCentre in Lisbon
– Religion and diversity at school: Man’s law or God’s law
– Preparation of study visit to Sikh Temple
– Visit to SikhTemple
– Typical religious lunch in Sikh Temple
– Diversity and inguistic aspects
– Bilingual or monolingual education for ‘new comers‘
– How to build solid, long-term bridges between schools and the family/students
– Networking with ‘actors – facilitators’ in the surroundings of the school
– Visit to school or socio-educational centre in Lisbon: Exchange of ideas and experiences with teachers, educators and students on integration of foreign students, prejudices, communication between school and family…
– Presenting of own action plan for the implementation of the diversity policy at your school/organisation
– Evaluation and certificates
– Follow up tasks and contact possibilities: Skype, SharePoint, Facebook, Moodle…
A course day starts at 09.00 h and ends at 16.00 h, with a break for lunch of 1 h.
On Friday we end at 15.30 h, allowing participants to catch the last airplane.
The first and last evening, the participants have the opportunity to join a cultural programme, welcome supper and farewell supper.
During the course week, there is a free period for personal reflection and transfer exercises and a voluntary cultural activity.