On the one hand, Finland developed an education system to tackle the challenges of the future, but on the other hand the system is embedded in Finnish culture and tradition. The country succeeded in merging tradition and innovation.
The system strengthens the profiles of the teaching professions by starting with a thorough initial teachers training, facilitating teacher continuous development, supporting teachers in developing innovative teaching and assessment methods; strengthening leadership in education, including distributed leadership and teacher leadership.
Participants to this course will learn about the Finnish educational system by visiting schools with an outstanding quality in Joensuu North-Karelia (Finland). Finland provides increasing access to affordable and high quality education and care, and enhances the quality of systems and provision, in order to foster appropriate development of all learners.
The course will include 5 elements:
1. General discussions about the school and its quality elements
2. Key aspects of the Finnish education success and transfer to your local context
3. Visiting schools to see those key aspects
4. Discussions and lectures with teachers and management staff
5. Cultural interaction and exchange of ideas