STAFF TRAINING FOR SCHOOL EDUCATION STAFF (compulsory education) / ADULT EDUCATION STAFF (organisation for adult education)
Summary of Erasmus+ Programme Guide
This mobility project can comprise several activities, such as staff training. Staff training supports the professional development of teachers, adult education staff, school leaders, leaders of organisations for adult education, other school education staff in the form of participation in structured courses or training events abroad.
The applicant organisation is in charge of applying for the mobility project, signing and managing the grant agreement and reporting. The applicant is also the sending organisation and is in charge of selecting teachers or school staff /adult education staff and sending them abroad to the international courses.
The receiving organisation or course provider is in charge of receiving teachers or school staff and offering them a programme of activities and participation in a structured course. Sometimes this receiving organisation is called “In-service Training Provider or IST Provider”.
Here below are listed the formal criteria that a school education / adult education mobility project must respect in order to be eligible for an Erasmus+ grant:
- A school (i.e. an institution providing general, vocational, or technical education on any level from pre-school to upper secondary education) established in a Programme Country and sending its staff abroad.
- An adult education organisation established in a Programme Country and sending its staff abroad or the coordinator of a national adult education consortium. A consortium must comprise at least three adult education organisations.
- From 2015 on, an application can be filled on behalf of a consortium. This is a group of schools from the same country and a local/regional authority or school coordination body.
- For applications presented by a consortium, the coordinating organisation can be: a partner school, a local or regional school authority or school coordination body. All other partners involved in the national consortium must be schools.
Please refer to the list of eligible organizations in your country. For more information, contact your National Agency.
- Individuals cannot apply directly for a grant.
- A learning mobility project must comprise at least staff training or teaching assignments.
- Number of participating organisations
- The number of organisations in the application form is one (the applicant).
- During the implementation of the mobility project, a minimum of two organisations (the applicant or sending organisation and the receiving or course provider) from different countries must be involved.
- Eligible participating organisations for staff training
- The sending organisation must be a school or an organisation for adult education (the applicant).
- The receiving organisation can be non-profit organisation providing in-service training for teachers and school staff.
- Each organisation must be established in a Programme Country.
- The applicant must choose the duration, 1 or 2 years, based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities planned over time.
- From 2 days to 2 months, excluding travel time. Normally our courses comprise a period of 5 training days and 2 travel days.
- Course duration = 5 days Activity duration = course duration + travel days
- Venue of the staff training
- Mobility activities must be carried out abroad, in another Programme Country. We organise our courses in Portugal, Finland, Iceland, Flanders-Belgium and Slovenia
- Eligible participants (new from 2015!)
- Staff in charge of school education(teaching and non-teaching, including school managers, heads, etc.), working in the sending school(s) as well as other educational staff (school inspectors, school counsellors, pedagogical advisors, psychologists, etc.) involved in the strategic development of the sending school(s).
- To the National Agency of the country in which the applicant organisation is established
- Applicants have to submit their grant application by 4 March 2015 at 12.00 PM (midday Brussels time)
- A school can apply only once per selection round or school year.