PORTUGAL – LISBON SOUTH BANK
The course is organized in the conference room of AlmadaMundo located at the South Bank of the river Tejo in Lisbon. (12 km from Lisbon airport). The participants are free to stay in a hotel of their own choice.
There is very easy access from the airport. Public transport and taxis provide fast connection from and to Lisbon centre.
– We offer a flexible cost structure, allowing you to select the package that fits best your personal or school situation.
– For a detailed explanation, have a look at our ‘Cost Structure‘.
– You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
– We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
– After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL
– There is a taxi service at the airport that can drive you to the hotel.
– It’s particularly difficult to leave Lisbon between 16:30 and 19:00 h and to enter Lisbon between 08:30 and 10:30 h.
METRO / AEROBUS , FERRY AND TAXI
You can take the metro located at exit of the arrival hall of the airport and leave the metro at the terminus station Cais do Sodré.
– The Aerobus is another good way to travel from and to the airport. The Aerobus provides a connection between the airport and Cais do Sodré.
– At the station of Cais do Sodre, you can take a ticket for the ferry boat to Cacilhas (south bank of River Tejo). During working hours, there is a crossing every 15 minutes. The ferry takes 12 minutes to arrive on the other side of the river.
– At Cacilhas you can take a taxi or tram for the remaining 5 km.
– A rental car is not so expensive. Sharing a rental car with 3 other people for all transport during the course, can be cheaper than relying on a taxi.
– The airport is connected directly to the hotel by the Ring of Lisbon and the North-South Connection (Eixo Norte – Sul).
– Crossing the bridge, you have a marvellous view on Lisbon, the estuary and both banks of the River Tejo.
– Bring or rent a GPS.
– Check the prices of rental cars on the Internet.