During this course, we’ll look at the importance of change management in the education sector, and answer several important questions, including:
• Why is change important in education?
• What changes should be made in schools?
• What is the best process for implementing changes in education?
• How do you implement change in schools? (The people)
• What are some teacher tips? How do headteachers manage change in schools?
• How do you promote change in education?
Anyone leading change in education knows that change only happens when people change their habits, and change management is focused on that fact. Teachers, administrators and staff, students, and parents can all be impacted by a change, and need to be considered when leading and managing change in educational institutions. The process involves unmolding old behaviors, training new practices and behaviors, and then reinforcing the new way of doing things. Successfully guiding people through that change process is the goal of change management in educational institutions.