PORTUGAL – LISBON SOUTH BANK
The course is organized in the training facilities of Almadaforma, located at the South Bank of the river Tejo in Lisbon (15 km from Lisbon airport).
The participants are free to stay in a hotel of their own choice, however it’s advised to stay somewhere at the South Bank (=Almada) to save transport time during rush hour.
Hotel Mercure Lisboa – Almada (Rua Abel Salazar 9, 2805-313 Almada) is situated immediately near the tramline that leads to Almadaforma.
- School and study visits are part of the programme, as well as the informal moments, lunches and breaks. During those moments a lot of interaction, exchange and learning happens.
- We offer a cost structure that includes all formal and informal learning activities and opportunities.
- For a detailed explanation, have a look at our ‘Cost Structure‘.
- You can request an Erasmus Plus grant from your national agency which will cover almost all costs of this course.
- We can guide you through the process of funding and application. To do so, you need the make a pre-registration.
- After pre-registration, we’ll contact you by mail and provide the application help.
There is a taxi service at the airport that can drive you to the hotel.
It’s particularly difficult to leave or enter Lisbon between 08:30 and 10:30h and 16:30 and 19:00h by car or taxi.
METRO/AEROBUS, FERRY AND TAXI
You can take the metro located at exit of the arrival hall of the airport and leave the metro at the terminus station Cais do Sodré.
The Aerobus is another good way to travel from and to the airport. The Aerobus provides a connection between the airport and Cais do Sodré.
At the boat station of Cais do Sodré, you can take the ferry boat to Cacilhas (south bank of River Tejo). During working hours, there is a crossing every 15 minutes. The ferry takes 12 minutes to arrive on the other side of the river.
At Cacilhas you can take a taxi or tram (Line 3, direction Universidade, stop Ramalha) for the remaining 5 km.
Sharing a rental car with 3 other people for all transport during the course, can be interesting.The airport is connected directly to the hotel by the Ring of Lisbon and the North-South Connection (Eixo Norte – Sul).
Crossing the bridge, you have a marvellous view on Lisbon, the estuary and both banks of the River Tejo.
Bring or rent a GPS and check the prices of rental cars on the Internet.
TRANSPORT FROM HOTEL TO ALMADAFORMA
Walk 400 m from the hotel to the tram stop ‘Ramalha’, where you take the tram of Line 3 to ‘Universidade’ .
Leave the tram at stop ‘Monte de Caparica’.
Walk 600 m through the village to Almadaforma.